To further the Academic Affairs mission of supporting and encouraging excellence in teaching, scholarly activity, and service, the Academic Spotlight videos have been developed. Please take a moment and learn about the exciting things our faculty are doing at NSU.
My Passion Is 2020
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Eloy Chavez (September 2021) Dr. Eloy Chavez, College of Extended Learning Dean, shares about the College of Extended Learning.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Julie Sawyer (August 2021) Dr. Julie Sawyer, Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness, shares about the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Michael Jones (May 2021) Dr. Michael Jones, Executive Director of Libraries & Professor, shares about the NSU Libraries.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Nick Naseem (April 2021) Dr. Nick Naseem, Assistant Professor of Marketing and Program Coordinator SCM, shares about the Supply Chain Management program.
- Academic Spotlight: Kristen Keyser (March 2021) Kristen Keyser, Associate Registrar of Degrees & Programs, shares about the Registrar's Office.
- Academic Spotlight: Courtney Hamby (January 2021) Courtney Hamby, Instructor/Program Coordinator, shares about the Health Organizations Administration degree, certificates and recent #1 position as the best Health Administration degree in Oklahoma.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Nathan Lighthizer (October & November 2020) Dr. Nathan Lighthizer shares about the Optometry Program.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Clark Gibson (September 2020) Dr. Clark Gibson shares about the Jazz Studies Program.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Jericho Hobson (August 2020) Dr. Jericho Hobson shares about the TURN Program.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Mike Wilds (May 2020) Dr. Wilds shares about immersive learning with an international focus.
- Academic Spotlight: Michelle Farris (April 2020) Michelle Farris, advisor and adjunct instructor, shares about the Reach Higher Program.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Virginia Whitekiller (March 2020) Dr. Virginia Whitekiller shares about her time as a Fulbright Scholar in Canada.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Sydney Dorrough (March 2020) Dr. Sydney Dorrough shares about the NSU Occupational Therapy Program and how students are utilizing Zoom in the classroom.
- Academic Spotlight: Xuan Li (February 2020) Xuan Li, Instructional Coordinator of Asian Programs, shares about the Office of International Programs.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Julia Kwok shares how she became interested in finance, and her goal as a professor. (December 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Sara Barnett shares about the Center for Tribal Studies. (December 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Brenda Bradford shares about archives, an upcoming event, and being selected to attend the 2019 Leadership for Cultural Heritage Stewards in times of Crisis in the Netherlands. (August 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Tiffanie Hardbarger (June 2019) Shares about her 2018-2019 Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Native American Scholars Initiatives Postdoctoral Fellowship. (June 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Mia Revels (June 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Mark Paulissen and students share about Undergraduate Research Day. (April 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Chris Miller (March 2019) Chris Miller shares about his 2019 DaVinci Fellow project and his passion for theatre.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Arthur Wendorf II - Dr. Arthur Wendorf share about gaming and Spanish in the classroom.(October 2018)
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Bea Keller-Dupree - Dr. Bea Keller-Dupree traveled to Alicante, Spain for faculty development. (September 2018)
- Student Spotlight: Sheena Bottorff - Clean Line Energy Scholarship Recipient (April 2017)
- Student Spotlight: Alondra Bustamante - Interned in Washington, D.C. (April 2017)
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Allyson Watson (March 2017)
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Kevin Wang (October 2016)