To further the Academic Affairs mission of supporting and encouraging excellence in teaching, scholarly activity, and service, the Academic Spotlight videos have been developed. Please take a moment and learn about the exciting things our faculty are doing at NSU.
My Passion Is 2020
Academic Affairs has worked with Communications and Marketing to develop My Passion Is videos which highlight faculty and administration who are gathered at NSU.
- Academic Spotlight: Department of Mathematics & Computer Science (January 2022) Dr. Martha Parrott, Professor of Mathematics, Chair of Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Chair of M. Ed. Mathematics Education, and Director of NSU Mathematics Center, shares about the Department of Mathematics & Computer Science.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Cammi Valdez (February 2022) Dr. Cammi Valdez, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, shares about the Chemistry Program, 3D printing projects in the classroom, and her current grants and projects.
- Academic Spotlight: DaVinci Awards (March 2022) We are pleased to share about our 2022 NSU Campus DaVinci Awardees! Read more about their projects and what receiving the award means to them.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. J.M. Kirk (April 2022) Dr. J. M. Kirk, Department Chair, Psychology and Counseling, Associate Professor, College of Education and Co-Coordinator for Social and Behavioral Sciences Lab, shares about the Psychology & Counseling Program.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Eloy Chavez (September 2021) Dr. Eloy Chavez, College of Extended Learning Dean, shares about the College of Extended Learning.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Julie Sawyer (August 2021) Dr. Julie Sawyer, Executive Director of Institutional Effectiveness, shares about the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Michael Jones (May 2021) Dr. Michael Jones, Executive Director of Libraries & Professor, shares about the NSU Libraries.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Nick Naseem (April 2021) Dr. Nick Naseem, Assistant Professor of Marketing and Program Coordinator SCM, shares about the Supply Chain Management program.
- Academic Spotlight: Kristen Keyser (March 2021) Kristen Keyser, Associate Registrar of Degrees & Programs, shares about the Registrar's Office.
- Academic Spotlight: Courtney Hamby (January 2021) Courtney Hamby, Instructor/Program Coordinator, shares about the Health Organizations Administration degree, certificates and recent #1 position as the best Health Administration degree in Oklahoma.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Nathan Lighthizer (October & November 2020) Dr. Nathan Lighthizer shares about the Optometry Program.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Clark Gibson (September 2020) Dr. Clark Gibson shares about the Jazz Studies Program.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Jericho Hobson (August 2020) Dr. Jericho Hobson shares about the TURN Program.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Mike Wilds (May 2020) Dr. Wilds shares about immersive learning with an international focus.
- Academic Spotlight: Michelle Farris (April 2020) Michelle Farris, advisor and adjunct instructor, shares about the Reach Higher Program.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Virginia Whitekiller (March 2020) Dr. Virginia Whitekiller shares about her time as a Fulbright Scholar in Canada.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Sydney Dorrough (March 2020) Dr. Sydney Dorrough shares about the NSU Occupational Therapy Program and how students are utilizing Zoom in the classroom.
- Academic Spotlight: Xuan Li (February 2020) Xuan Li, Instructional Coordinator of Asian Programs, shares about the Office of International Programs.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Julia Kwok shares how she became interested in finance, and her goal as a professor. (December 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Sara Barnett shares about the Center for Tribal Studies. (December 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Brenda Bradford shares about archives, an upcoming event, and being selected to attend the 2019 Leadership for Cultural Heritage Stewards in times of Crisis in the Netherlands. (August 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Tiffanie Hardbarger (June 2019) Shares about her 2018-2019 Andrew W. Mellon Foundation Native American Scholars Initiatives Postdoctoral Fellowship. (June 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Mia Revels (June 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Mark Paulissen and students share about Undergraduate Research Day. (April 2019)
- Academic Spotlight: Chris Miller (March 2019) Chris Miller shares about his 2019 DaVinci Fellow project and his passion for theatre.
- Academic Spotlight: Dr. Kevin Wang (October 2016)